1 ½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
¼ cup butter/ghee or coconut oil
1 small onion, chopped
- Preheat to oven to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C.) Lightly grease a 9 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cheddar, Parmesan, oregano, basil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the pan. Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese and herb mixture on top. Arrange half of the tomatoes and top with another ¼ of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Melt your choice of fat in skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook till soft. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is crusty and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes more.