6 sweet bell peppers, tops and seeds removed
1 ½ pound ground grass fed beef
1 cup cooked brown rice, properly prepared
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 small finely chopped onion
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Cook peppers in boiling water until softened, 5 minutes
- Remove peppers from water and rinse with cold water; set peppers aside to drain.
- Mix together ground beef, cooked rice, egg, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in a large bowl until evenly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C)
- Divide beef mixture among peppers; stuff each pepper with beef and rice mixture
- Place peppers open side up in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or shallow roasting pan.
- Pour tomato sauce over peppers
- Top with 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake in the oven until heated through, basting peppers two or three times while baking, about 1 hour and 20 minutes