1 cup coconut sugar
2 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
1heaping tsp baking powder
- Put Clementines in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to a boil and cook for 2 hours. Check every 30 minutes and make sure the water is still covering Clementines, if not add more hot water. Drain and when cool, cut each Clementine in half. Then put in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C).
- Grease and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper, on the bottom only.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar, almond flour and baking powder. Mix well, adding the Clementine mix.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30-50 minutes until skewer comes out clean; you might have to cover the cake with foil after about 20 to 30 minutes to stop the top from over-browning. Check your cake after 30 minutes to see if it’s done and if not, then just check back after 15 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes to finish but some people’s have taken less time.