1 (5 pound) grass fed beef pot roast
sea salt and pepper to taste
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ½ cups of vegetable broth, or more if desired
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Generously season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet with Butter/Ghee or Coconut Oil on medium heat and add mushrooms; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown. Add garlic and stir for about a minute.
- Slowly add vegetable broth, stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Place carrots and celery in the slow cooker, turn to high and cook the roast for 6 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.