1 medium head of cauliflower, should yield close to 3 cups once processed.
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tbsp almond meal (Optional I didn't use it)
1 tbsp or more if desired nutritional yeast, Optional
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Place Pizza stone in the oven, or baking sheet if you don't have a pizza stone. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and grease with oil. Wash and dry the cauliflower. Don't get one as big as your head unless you want two pizzas. Cut off the florets, you don't need much stem, just stick with the florets. Pulse in your food processor for 30 seconds, until you get powdery snow like cauliflower. You should end up with about 3 cups cauliflower "snow."
3. Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for 4 minutes. Dump cooked cauliflower onto a tea towel or flour sack and allow to cool a bit. Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in the towel and ring the water out of it. You want to squeeze out as much as you possibly can. This will ensure a chewy crust instead of a crumbly mess.
4. Dump ringed out cauliflower into a bow. Now add your spices, almond meal and nutritional yeast if using and add eggs and mix with your hands very well.
5. Once mixed use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your oiled parchment paper. Pat it down thoroughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don't make it too thin or thick either.
6. Using a cutting board, slide parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown and the edges crisp up. Remove from oven. Add your toppings (I recommend already cooked toppings, like shredded meat or sauteed veggies) and slide parchment paper with topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 minutes until toppings are warm. If you're using cheese you can pop the pizza under the broiler to get the cheese melted fast without burning the crust. Allow to cool for 2 minutes at least. Then using a pizza cutter and a spatula serve up your delicious grain and dairy free cauliflower crust pizza!
To top pizza you can make my awesome pizza sauce (found below) or make your own, and top the pizza with caramelized onions, grilled zucchini and bell pepper, with shredded meat, or like I have done use farm fresh pork bratwurst sliced into pieces. Makes 10-12 inch pizza.
6 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp pepper
sea salt to taste
Mix everything in a mixing bowl and let set in the fridge 30 minutes before using!