Monday, May 20, 2013

Paleo Gluten Free Macadamia Nut Bread


I was so blown away by not only the awesome flavor to this amazing bread but it holds together like real bread! I can pull it apart like bread! Much better than coconut bread, which is dense and falls apart and the flavor doesn’t compare to this! This was fantastic! Best gluten free bread so far! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Ingredients:

5 eggs

1 cup raw macadamia nuts

1 cup coconut butter homemade or store bought. Artisana is an awesome brand you can find at Wholefoods or online.

1/2 tsp sea salt

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 rounded tsp baking soda

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F

2. Place nuts in a food processor or blender and blend till its a chunky nut meal and add one egg while continuing to process 20-30 seconds. Add second egg and once batter is smooth add the last three eggs and mix well. You want a very smooth batter. 

3. Shut off processor and add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and baking soda. Blend it well then add lemon juice and baking soda. 

4. Grease a standard 8 1/2 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and pour batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes.



This loaf makes 12 thin slices about 1/2 inch or so thick. Wrap in parchment paper or store in airtight container.







Makes delicious French Toast!



Makes excellent breakfast bacon and egg sandwiches! And BLT's for lunch. YES the bread toasts! I toasted mine on my electric grill with coconut oil.


Holds together to the last scrumptious bite!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I wanted to ask how much this bread rises? If you don't get much rise at all what might cause this? I did make sure I got all the ingredients measured exactly the only thing was I couldn't find raw macadamia nuts so I bought unsalted roasted ones. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's anything wrong with not using raw macadamia nuts. You would probably end up with a saltier taste. As for the rising part, the bread doesn't contain yeast or any artificial rising ingredients so the bread doesn't rise as much as normal bread. As you can see from my pictures the bread only rises about 3 inches. The slices are small but the bread is so rich and fatty that it fills you up unlike regular carb dense breads. Hope this helps!

      Delete