1 1/2 cups raw milk
2 1/2 cups farm fresh cream, such as Kalona
2/3 cups coconut sugar
2 tsp instant coffee granules (I used Via Starbucks Medium instant coffee single serve packets. I used only 1 packet, worked great!)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch sea salt
4 egg yolks
4 ounces heath bars
1. Combine the milk, 1 1/2 cups of the cream, coconut sugar, instant coffee, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat the base until it begins to steam, whisking continuously.
2. When the base begins to steam, pour one-half cup out of the pan and into the egg yolks, whisk immediately. When completely combined, add the yolk mixture back into the rest of the base and heat until the mixture reaches 170 F. or until it coats the back of a spoon.
3. Remove immediately from heat and pour into a bowl and add the remaining cup of cold cream and let chill for several hours, preferably overnight.
4. Hit heath bars still in their wrappers repeatedly with the back of a spoon, until they are thoroughly crushed.
5. Pour the base into an ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker manufacturer's instructions. While the ice cream churns throw in the heath bar pieces. Once done churning eat now or let it firm up some more in the freezer and eat later!