1 cup raw buckwheat groats
3 Tbsp dutch cocoa
5 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Place buckwheat groats in a bowl and cover them with purified water (about 1-2 inches above the groats).
2. Let them soak overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 F.
4. Drain and rinse the groats.
5. Pat them dry with paper towels as best you can (gets a tad messy)
6. Mix them with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
7. Pour the mix onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Make sure to spread them out into an even layer.
8. Place the pan into the oven, and bake the cereal for three hours.
9. Remove the pan and break the crispies into pieces. You will have to kind of peel the layer off the parchment paper, but it will come off easily.
10. Bake the cereal for another hour. Remove the pan and let the cereal cool (it will crisp as it cools). Serve over yogurt or with raw milk.