1 pound Spaghetti Squash, halved and seeded
1 pound grass fed beef
2 bell peppers, chopped (red, yellow, or orange)
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1\4 tsp sea salt
1\4 tsp pepper
2 cups fresh shredded sharp cheddar or colby jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C)
2. Place squash on a baking sheet and bake 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, cool, and shred pulp with a fork.
3. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a casserole dish.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain and mix in the bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
5. Mix the shredded squash and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove skillet from heat and mix in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese until melted. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and continue baking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.