3 cups raw milk
1 quart glass jar
1 clean tea towel or flour sack
a mesh strainer
1. Put the milk in the jar
2. Let it sit, loosely covered, on the counter for 1-4 days, until the mixture is separated.
3. Line a strainer with a clean towel and set over a large bowl.
4. Pour in the separated milk, cover and let stand for about an hour.
5. The whey will run into the bowl and the solids will stay in the cloth.
6. Tie up the cloth (don't squeeze it) and hang over the bowl.
7. When it stops dripping (about 3 hours), it is done.
8. Refrigerate. It will last a month.