4 whole eggs
3 eggs separated
4-5 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 tbsp raw honey
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup coconut flour
2 tbsp applesauce (homemade, find below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a hand held mixer, beat the whites until they are somewhat stiff. In a bowl of a mixer, combine the 4 whole eggs with the 3 egg yolks, honey, oil and applesauce and mix together.
- Add coconut flour, slat and baking soda and mix together. Afyer mixing, the batter should be somewhat stiff.
- Pour the mix into a mixing bowl and fold in the egg whites. Try not to leave big clumps of whites, get them folded in well.
- Now pour the batter into a well-oiled loaf pan. I also line the bottom with parchment paper that is oiled. Bake for 50 minutes. (Set a convection oven at 350 and it will run at 325. That is fine).
- After 30 minutes check it. It will look very browned but will not be ready inside. Cover the pan with foil for another 20 minutes.
- When finished, cool on a rack. Let cool completely before slicing. Then wrap in wax paper and refrigerate. To save time, you can make two loaves at once and have one to freeze. It is perfectly fine to freeze baked goods with coconut flour.
1 Small apple
A small saucepan
A little water.
Peel, core and slice apple into small dice size.
Put in saucepan with a little water to cover. Bring to a boil and let simmer till apple becomes soft.
Strain the apples and place in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or use fork. Mash till you have applesauce.